Thursday, July 12, 2007

Guitaring

I was first confused to see this instrument with so many strings. Where is E? where is A? I hope this is G.. Transition from keyboard was very difficult in the beginning. Not that I knew to play keyboard well. Whatever I have learnt till date on keyboard are from only 3 sources, my pal Vishy, wikipedia and "piano for dummies". Chords made so much more sense in keyboard compared to guitar. Nonetheless guitar is such a wonderful instrument that I fell in love with it soon after. I thought I will just forget about the notes and blindly follow the tabs given online. That worked !!!! first song i am learning on the guitar is " road trippin' " by RHCP. It is such a lovely song.. I just love it.. i must have heard it atleast 100 times now.. i still love it.. now i am going on to "nothing else matter".. ofcoz.. who can miss out on this song... metallica rocked in the S&M album.

The good thing about guitar tabulature is that there are so variations available online for the same song, that too for free. You don't have to play the right tabs... play whatever suits u,.. whatever u feel is right.... whatever makes u happy.. get enslaved by this lovely instrument .. experience the thrill of figuring out the tabs yourself.. may the guitaring god bless u..

1 comment:

The Lad said...

Yeah..
happy guitaring!!!